It’s that time of year again! While we’re close to honoring the best movies of 2015, my personal favorite event is Golden Raspberry Awards, which awards recognition of the worst films, directors, actors, and actresses in the last year.
This year, four films were tied with the most nominations (6): Fifty Shades of Grey, Pixels, Jupiter Ascending, and Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. Unexpectedly, Josh Trank’s failed Fantastic Four reboot earned 5 total nominations.
Oscar winners Eddie Redmayne and Julianne Moore come off of winning Oscars last spring only to find themselves on the worst list (Redmayne for Jupiter Ascending and Moore for Seventh Son).
Other nominees include two former mega stars: Johnny Depp, whose career tailspin finds him on the list for worst actor (Mortdecai), and Katherine Heigl, who just can’t seem to catch a break after self torpedoing her career.
Then of course, is the yearly Adam Sandler movie(s). Not included on here is his recent Netflix project, The Ridiculous 6 (which will likely be nominated next year). His buddy, Kevin Smith, finds himself on the list for worst supporting actor and worst actor.
Last year, the Razzies introduced new category called The Razzie Redeemer Award, a category that awards an actor/actress who has won the Golden Raspberry before and has managed to redeemed themselves with their work within the past few years. That category makes its triumphant return.
The Razzies Award Winners will be announced February 27th, 2016.
Here’s the full list:
- Johnny Depp – Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan – Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James – Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Adam Sandler – The Cobbler and Pixels
- Channing Tatum – Jupiter Ascending
- Katherine Heigl – Home Sweet Hell
- Dakota Johnson – Fifty Shades of Grey
- Mila Kunis – Jupiter Ascending
- Jennifer Lopez – The Boy Next Door
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Mortdecai
Worst Supporting Actor
- Chevy Chase – Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation
- Josh Gad – Pixels and The Wedding Ringer
- Kevin James – Pixels
- Jason Lee – Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
- Eddie Redmayne – Jupiter Ascending
Worst Supporting Actress
- Kaley Cuoco – Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (voice only) and The Wedding Ringer
- Rooney Mara – Pan
- Michelle Monaghan – Pixels
- Julianne Moore – Seventh Son
- Amanda Seyfried – Love the Coopers and Pan
Worst Screen Combo
- All four “Fantastics” in Fantastic Four – (Miles Teller, Michael B. Jordan, Kate Mara, and Jamie Bell)
- Johnny Depp and his glued-on mustache in Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James and either his Segway or his glued-on mustache in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Adam Sandler and any pair of shoes in The Cobbler
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
- Fantastic Four
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Andy Fickman – Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
- Tom Six – The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Sam Taylor-Johnson – Fifty Shades of Grey
- Josh Trank (and Alan Smithee?) – Fantastic Four
- The Wachowskis – Jupiter Ascending
- Fantastic Four (screenplay by Jeremy Slater, Simon Kinberg, and Josh Trank, based on the Marvel Comics Characters created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)
- Fifty Shades of Grey (screenplay by Kelly Marcel, based on the novel by E.L. James)
- Jupiter Ascending (written by The Wachowskis)
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (written by Nick Bakay and Kevin James)
- Pixels (screenplay by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling, story by Tim Herlihy, based on the short film by Patrick Jean)
The Razzie Redeemer Award
- Elizabeth Banks (from RAZZIE “winning” director for Movie 43 to directing the 2015 hit film Pitch Perfect 2)
- M. Night Shaymalan (from Prennial RAZZIE nominee and “winner” to directing the 2015 horror hit The Visit)
- Will Smith (For following up RAZZIE “wins” for After Earth to starring in Concussion)
- Sylvester Stallone (From all-time RAZZIE champ to 2015 award contender for Creed)
Razzie List Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/36th_Golden_Raspberry_Awards