It has been an interesting two days of fall television with the new season starting fresh. The new season drew big numbers for shows that should be well past their prime, but also found out that a few rookie shows seem like they are here to stay as well. Let’s take a look:
- CBS Monday premiered strong with the 1-hr premiere of How I Met Your Mother with the ninth season premiere of Two and a Half Men following after. HIMYM was up over 30% from last season. The 8:30 episode did even better, with the episodes getting a 4.7 and a 5.2 in the 18-49 demo. Two and a Half Men hit over 28 million viewers and a 10.7 in the demo.
- The Monday night dramas also fared well for CBS and ABC with Hawaii Five-0 and Castle. While Five-0 was down slightly from last year, it held better numbers than the spring episodes, with Castle being up from last year.
- New Girl for FOX debuted strong on Tuesday with a 4.8 in the demo and over 10 million viewers, the biggest comedy debut for the network since The Bernie Mac Show.
- NCIS had 19.6 million viewers and a 4.3 in the demo, which beat the numbers last season. With the series in its ninth season and continually growing ratings, the series shows no signs of slowing down.
- Glee was down around 30% on Tuesday from its premiere last season (FOX). Dancing with the Stars had its lowest viewed fall premiere ever (ABC). The Biggest Loser shed some weight as it was down 21% compared to last fall (NBC).
- The Playboy Club failed to attract audiences for NBC on Monday as it debuted to a 1.6 in the 18-49 and barely 5 million viewers overall.
- NBC also took a hit with The Sing Off, that debuted to a 1.9 in the 18-49 and 5.3 million viewers. While The Voice might’ve been a big hit for NBC, it doesn’t appear the longer season given to The Sing Off will pay off.
What did you guys think? What were you favorite shows to watch and what were you disappointed with? Wednesday brings back CSI with Ted Danson and the return of Harry’s Law on NBC in a new timeslot. Come back tomorrow, but for the meantime…SOUND OFF!