It was a battle this weekend between Justin Bieber and Adam Sandler as their two films went head to head as the big releases of the weekend. Bieber debuted his 3D concert movie Never Say Never to $29.5 million, slightly behind Sandler’s new romantic comedy Just Go With It that debuted to $30.5 million.
After Gnomeo and Juliet ($25.3 million), the rest of the top ten in the box office failed to make a big dent. This is especially true with Channing Tatum’s new film, The Eagle which opened to a weak $8.58 million.
The top 10 films of the weekend are as follows:
- Just Go With It – $30.5 million
- Never Say Never – $29.5 million
- Gnomeo and Juliet – $25.3 million
- The Eagle – $8.68 million
- The Roommate – $8.1 million
- The King’s Speech – $7.2 million
- No Strings Attached – $5.8 million
- Santcum – $5.6 million
- True Grit – $3.78 million
- The Green Hornet – $3.6 million